It's a snowy day week in upstate New York. (And by snowy week, I mean we're actively accumulating several FEET of the white stuff.)
With the weather as it is, I haven't gotten out much this week.
Yesterday, though, I threw on my winter boots and snow gear yesterday to stave off the stir crazy and jogged a couple blocks to a friend's house. It wasn't that unusual, I suppose, except for the fact that I added some extra resistance by swinging a 15 oz. can of Muir Glen Organic Tomato Sauce in each hand for added resistance. I got a lot of amused looks from passing cars as I high-kneed my way down the snowy sidewalks with flakes flying and cans swinging.
What's with the pasta sauce? I'll tell you. My friend is cooking dinner for us tomorrow at small group! Whoopee! ...And we're trying to make it a soy-free meal.
For any of you who are adjusting to eating with food allergies or sensitivities, you know it's a treat when someone is willing to learn your quirks and adjust their recipe to meet your needs. I don't take it for granted!
Personally, I've been cooking and eating soy-free since the spring of 2014. It's not just soy, but all legumes and a few other foods as well. The learning curve was BIG at first, but I'm establishing routines and recipes that work well for our family. It's a challenge sometimes, but it is also a chance to grow and take an adventure in my kitchen.
Since I don't have much of a choice in the matter if I want to stay healthy, I'd like to make the most of this journey! It's helping me grow as a cook in so many ways. I'd love to share what I've learned with you in the weeks ahead.
I'll write again soon. Until then, stay warm, and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment